I mentioned in an earlier post of an impending smoking gun (after purchasing another microphone to record my brother’s talk). Unfortunately, yet again, I have exposed the punishment for buying cheap mics to do something that is more than a little out of the “sucking on a karaoke mic” or “screaming into a webcam” territory. You can’t really overestimate just how uncooperative a sleeper is. You have to have the mic gain on very high and on a cheap mic - this means the noise floor is so high you’ll never find a comment (if infact, one was made).
I proved this by simultaneously recording myself sleeping with both mics a few days ago. I used the knowledge of the exact time I talked (thanks, moderately priced condenser) to listen to what was recorded by el cheapo. Cheap Mic was nasty – a muddy little mutter at best. No good for discovering what was said.
Back to the drawing board.
Anyway, as promised, here are the latest recordings, late, as per usual. Separated into three files. Regular talking, manic gibberish and one oddity. By oddity, I mean, I have never, ever, heard myself snore, speak and then snore in the middle of speaking. It sounds incredibly irrational to snort at that point in time (it cannot be truly attributed to snoring) and I’m sure that if more people were listening I’d have detractors claiming I inserted it in there.
Sleeptalking – 04-22 October
- “Oh what the hell? Bottom quite fresh thing”
- “Ohhh Hilarious, hilarious etc
- “Yeah whatever, whatever your want.. oooh fok”
- “Suox, Socamax, folksie folks? some shit..”
- “Mmmmm right…. okay”
- “Whatever, think you bit, ahh you could have pulled that ahhh..you could, yeah” (something like this)
- “Shame knowing those ginger people who change things and blame, blame on someone else”
- “Koo poo wee wee”
- “Just a frenzy! it’s weird.. weird”
- “That’s really poor”
- “Good for a while”
- “Can’t remember now”
- “Continue to do the same thing”